Fiancé Visa

This visa allows future spouses of US citizens to travel to the U.S and marry. With very limited exceptions, the couple must show that they have met in-person less than two years before filing the petition, and must demonstrate that they communicate regularly.  The process is initiated by the US citizen filing a petition (Form I-129F) on behalf of his or her fiancé/fiancée. Once the petition is approved by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the file is sent to the National Visa Center of the Department of State and then to the embassy in the fiancée’s country for additional processing.  An individual who enters with a fiancé visa must marry the petitioner within 90 days of entering the United States. Minor children of the fiancé/fiancée may also enter the US on a derivative visa. Once the marriage has taken place the foreign national must then apply for permanent residence through the adjustment of status process.

Our office has significant experience with assisting US citizens and their fiancés/fiancées in the visa process. If you are currently engaged to a foreign national that you would like to bring to the US, please contact us for more information on how we can assist.

The content of this website is meant only to acquaint you with general information about immigration.This information is not legal advice and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us.