If you do not currently live in the U.S. or are not otherwise eligble for adjustment of status, you may be apply for an immigrant visa through the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in the country where you live or lawfully reside if a relative or employer has filed an approved I-130 or I-140 petition for you or you have an approved I-360 visa petition or are eligible to immigrate through the Diversity Visa Lottery program.   Those who receive an immigrant visa from a US consulate and enter the US on the visa are permanent residents and receive their green card shortly after entering.

Visa application forms and documents including identification, medical exams and criminal records clearances are necessary for all consulates. Procedures vary greatly by country. Our office regularly assists clients with submitting the forms and documents required and prepares them for the immigrant visa interview. Please contact us if you would like more information and assistance with consular processing.

The content of this website is meant only to acquaint you with general information about immigration.This information is not legal advice and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us.